In 1955 after the death of Bishop Jonah (rector), Archpriest Arkady Moiseyev became Rector of St. Nicholas Church. Fr Moiseyev guided St. Nicholas through the building and dedication of our current facility. The edifice was completed in late 1962 and was dedicated as a National War Memorial Shrine in 1963.
Over the years St. Nicholas Cathedral has had many dedicated clergy serving our church. With the elevation of St. Nicholas to the Metropolitan's Cathedral, Fr Arkady Moiseyev became Dean and Fr Dmitry Grigorieff became Provost. In the early 1970s Fr Dmitry was very active in ensuring that there were regular English Liturgies. In 1986 Fr Dmitry was elevated to Dean of the Cathedral and Fr Constantine White became Associate Pastor. In February 1998 Fr Dmitry became Dean Emeritus and Fr Constantine was made Acting Dean. Later that year Father Constantine was installed as the Dean of the Cathedral.
St. Nicholas has always had a very active Choir. Mr. Nicholas Borodulia was the choir director from 1955 to 1985. In 1996 Professor Serge Boldireff joined the choir and led it to a more visible role. The choir was proud to participate in Metropolitan HERMAN’s Enthronement in 2002 as well as many visits from hierarchs, such as the Catholicos-Patriarch of
In 1991 St. Nicholas Cathedral was honored to have a group of dedicated iconographers arrive from
Booklet "The National War Memorial Shrine of the Russian Orthodox Church of America" covering the early history of the parish and building of the Cathedral (in English).
50th anniversary booklet (in Russian and English).
A 1988 booklet for the dedication of the Millenium Bell tower (In English).